Sunday, May 04, 2008

Safari Njema






Christa and Dialo (lead singer) serenaded us with 'leavin on a jet plane' and we danced and danced...until the sun went down. As I write this last caravan entry I am sitting at home in my kitchen looking out at the tulips in my flower beds in front of the kitchen window in Kingston, Ontario. I feel a thousand miles away (9000km to be exact) from Kilimanjaro and the women's center yet I continue to carry the women and their stories in my heart. I will ensure that their story continues to be told, because it is an important one. The survival of this planet depends on it.

To all our wonderful volunteers....remember what they say about Africa: you don't go through Africa, rather, Africa goes through you...its harsh beauty becomes a part of you. Safari njema rafikis!

1 Comments:

Blogger pookiemail said...

Thanks for posting all the pics!
Love,
Your #1 Fans: Hardy, Allison, Hadleigh, Graycen and Clementine

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home